Greek Quinoa Salad

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been so MIA lately. The meals I've been making haven't been very blog worthy. Either that, or I've used recipes in cookbooks, which is not fun for you!

Anyway, tonight I had fun experimenting in the kitchen and created...

Greek Quinoa Salad

Ingredients
-1 cup quinoa
-1 medium cucumber
-1/2 onion (red would be best but I used vidalia)
-1 pint grape/cherry tomatoes
-feta
-ingredients for this Greek dressing

Directions
-Cook 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water until the water is gone. Always remember to rinse the quinoa first!
-Chop half an onion, cherry tomatoes (halved w/seeds squeezed out), cucumber (small pieces), and kalamata olives (halved).
-Add quinoa and veggies together in a large bowl.
-Mix dressing separately (to serve 8) and pour dressing over the salad.
-Top each individual serving with feta.


I'm not even kidding when I say this is the best dressing and Greek-style salad I've had in a long time!! It's so refreshing. This would be a perfect spring/summer dish, but who says you can't have it in the fall? :)

In other news, I got my little lovebird, Rainbow, some millet today while I was running errands. Millet is her FAVORITE treat. And when I say favorite, I mean I can only give her 1/2 a piece at a time because she will eat it all in one sitting! Here is a picture of Rainbow after eating her entire treat. She looks like she's about to go into a millet-induced coma! ;)


I'm off to finish some Sunday things, have a great night!

Comments

  1. I've been making big batches of quinoa lately so I'm glad to see another easy, healthy recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts