Welcome to Miami

I was in Miami Beach last weekend through the middle of this week for work. Tough life, I know. Although I had 14 hour days, I really enjoyed my time there! It was nice to get a taste of summer just as things were getting cold here.

I had this song stuck in my head the entire trip:


No joke.

The best part of the trip, besides the beach and weather, was my hotel! I stayed at the Fontainebleau. Such an incredible hotel. Talk about swanky. Every night, there were lines wrapped around the lobby to get into their hot restaurants and clubs.

Here are a few pics that I took:

Nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in!






 Balcony view




 Cool outside deck area. You have to "reserve" those canopy lounges. Some have TVs and AC! That's a little too much for me. Beaches are supposed to be relaxing and hot!


I believe this was a huge suite below me. They had a legit patio with a mini pool!






I did get to go to a few restaurants while I was there. One was called Sushi Samba. We ended up doing a 5-7 course meal because we had a big party. For a sushi restaurant near the ocean, their sushi was okay. Definitely better than store bought, but I've had way better sushi at quite a few places in Virginia Beach. I will say that I liked that they made their California roll with king crab meat, instead of imitation crab meat. Overall, the meal was good, but nothing I would be dying to have again.

I also went to Pizza Rustica. It had really good reviews online and seemed to be a popular spot. I think how good your pizza is depends on how recent it was made and the type. It was one of those that had all the pizzas made and they reheat it. I'm generally not a fan of reheated pizza, so I should have known it wouldn't be the best. I'd recommend getting one of the specialty pizzas, especially the Caprese pizza. The Margherita was a little boring (what I got).

I am extremely happy to be back to my routine. I was in zombie mode for a few days right when I got back which is why I haven't gotten around to posting until now. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend catching up with friends! Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts