Battling Breakroom Munchies

Hey everyone! Sorry I went so MIA this weekend. Although I want to create a regular blogging schedule, sometimes you are just too busy living life to write about it :) Don't worry, I'll catch you up to speed later.

Tonight I want to post about something relevant to all of us: battling the break room munchies. You know what I'm talking about. From time to time, sweet treats find their way into your office's break room. Usually this isn't a normal occurrence. These treats could be leftover from a business luncheon or brought in by a coworker who decided to whip up a batch of her famous brownies over the weekend.

Currently, I'm battling the break room munchies. Big time. So, we have a huge event that we plan every year at work. This event is happening soon, so right now it's crunch time. As a reward to get us through the last few hills, there have been some mysterious snacks that show up in the break room every afternoon. Chips, candy, fruit, you name it! And you know I don't grab the fruit when there's chocolate and carbs involved!

After indulging the first few days I thought to myself, "Okay, only 2 twix bars tomorrow" or "Swap your beloved Doritos for pretzels instead!" Let me tell you friends, a trend was started and it won't end easily. I have definitely noticed a difference in my quality of sleep and energy throughout the day. I rarely eat processed/junk food, and my body realized it. I definitely needed to make a change and create more satisfying meals that contained a lot more fruit and veggies. This way, I'm not as tempted to grab snacks at work.

After work today, I loaded up on veggies at the grocery store to make some awesome lunches, snacks, and dinners! This was probably the first legitimate shopping trip that focused around meals I planned to make. Here's what I made with the ingredients:

Lunches: whole wheat pitas stuffed with red bell peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, and hummus
Snacks: fruit and/or cheese
Dinner: Back on Track Cilantro, Lime, and Wheatberry Salad (AMAZING, you must try this). I added more cumin and substituted a vidalia onion for a red onion.

I'm excited that I now have more satisfying meals and snacks that will help me battle the break room munchies! If all else fails, I'll avoid the break room! ;) How have you battled them in the past?

I'm off to watch the finale of Bachelor Pad and call it a night!

Comments

Popular Posts