I Love HIIT

Hey friends!

I hope everyone's hump day has been going well! I'm surprised I even remember what day it is. With work being so busy lately, the days are speeeeeding by!

You will be happy to know that I semi-battled the break room munchies today. I got out with only a mini kit kat and snickers, then ate them + an apple at my desk. I didn't even touch the doritos and cheetos as they stared me down on my way out...dun dun dun...;)

Once I got home I decided to get a real workout at the gym in my complex. While the equipment is better than my previous complex's gym, it's definitely a downgrade in terms of the amount of equipment! There are only 4 treadmills and 4 ellipticals, 6ish weight machines, and no dumbbells! Apparently students work out more than adults? Now I understand why guys splurge for gym memberships because there definitely aren't enough weights to work all of your muscle groups. I think I'm going to start using my bands at home and doing some P90X arm and leg workouts to supplement my cardio workouts.

I am going to be hurting tomorrow after today's HIIT workout. That's the abbreviation for High-Intensity Interval Training. Basically, you're alternating high and medium intensity exercise. To get myself back in the HIIT groove, I did the following workout:

*First column is minutes and the second column is speed.

1-2          6.0-6.5
2-4          4.0
4-6          6.0-6.5
6-8          4.0
8-10       6.0-6.5
10-12     4.0
12-14     6.0-6.5
14-16     4.0
16-18     6.0-6.5
18-20     4.0
20-30     4.0

To me this is my favorite way to get me back into running for longer lengths of time. Once I'm back in the running groove, I try to do a HIIT workout at least once a week. The coolest thing about the treadmill I used was that you could program your own workout, complete with intervals and speed and elevation changes! This way, I wasn't able to talk myself out of hitting the speed up when my running interval came. ;)

I'm off to make some hummus and eat dinner! Remember, 2 days until the weekend begins!

--
Do any of y'all have a good HIIT workout that you like?

Comments

Popular Posts